"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
FOOT PROTOCOL -- useful for Plantar Fascitis, ankle sprain recovery, etc.
1) Sit on Floor in "Stick/Dandasana" Position: a) Flex Feet; b) Point Feet; c) Flex just your toes in the
"Barbie Doll" position
2) Foot ABCs (pretend your foot is a pen and "write" each letter of the alphabet)
3) Push Big Toe into Thumb
4) From standing position, scrunch toes on towel
5) From standing position, bend one knee and lift the opposite foot off the ground. Close your eyes and
start counting. When you lose your balance and must put your foot down, stop counting and start again.
Resume counting at your previous number. Continue until you have counted to "30" -- or in other words,
accumulate 30 seconds of standing on one foot with your knees bent and your eyes closed.
6) From a standing position, perform the following sequence: a) Tall Mountain Pose; b) Sit in Chair Pose;
c) Lift heels off of ground so that you are standing on the balls of your feet; d) staying on the balls of your
feet, stand up to Tall Mountain with your hands above your head; e) staying on the balls of your feet,
fall/sweep downward into Half Forward Bend; f) slowly lower heels to ground; g) round spine into Full
Forward Bend; h) use the tuck of your hips to roll you up to Tall Mountain. Repeat
7) On a Daily Basis, roll the bottom of your foot back and forth over a frozen water bottle.